Friday, April 5, 2013

If This Makes One Exhausted Mom Chuckle, It Was Worth Writing...

I'm not gonna lie, I started to hyperventilate when I saw email after email popping up on my phone.  Each one a reminder for my oldest son's upcoming baseball practices.  They are on different days.  They are at different times.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason.  How am I going to work around music lessons, Webelos, his brother's Den meetings, his brother's baseball, the rock climbing???   These were the first emails I had received since I signed him up and honestly, since Opening Day is on the 20th I figured I had a few more weeks left before this activity started.   I'm mean, who starts practice before the season even begins??? Oh, the team that's gonna be WIN does.  "Ok, phew.  Great. Ok." breathes my calender, which looks like someone vomited all over it in a crazy rainbow of highlighters.

Frick.

And now, I am just waiting on the email notifications for my other son's baseball, because you know...I made the boys too far apart for them to actually be on the same league.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

I am freaking out, I am, I really am.  I work 40 hours a week, drive an hour each way and my husband works an off shift with a workweek that runs right through the weekend.  I am not a single parent, but I feel like one sometimes.  Single moms, please don't crucify me for writing that.  I'm just saying, I've had a taste of doing it all on my own  and without the help from my mom, I would not be able to make this fly.  ...and even still, it's not flying all that well lately.

I know you see those pictures all over pinterest and facebook and blogs of pretty homes and super neat crafts and tidy organization, well, I'm here to fess up.

My house is a mess!!!  There are cobwebs, yeah, ain't nobody got time for reaching up high near the ceiling with a broom wrapped in a damp cloth to wipe away cobwebs.  Shit, I barely have time to feed the kids, drag them to the next activity and have them home to do their homework and put them to bed before 9pm just so that I can have a few minutes to myself before I put exhausted self to bed.  Yes, I have cobwebs!!!

My hair was nice and shiny and straight the other day, but not because I had spent an hour drying and smoothing it with the flat iron, but because I hadn't washed it in days!!!  That's right, I planned on going to the gym on my lunch break to workout and shower, but ended up getting slammed at work.  Yup, no shower, dirty hair, but the overtime paid for the baseball clinic the boys are doing over April vacation.

Speaking of which...

Oh, yeah, April vacation.  I can't wait for you to get here!!!  For me!!!  I need a break from the homework and the notes from teachers and the trips to the library and the after school activities.  You can't have after school activities if there is no school.  Who'm I kidding, I don't even have to deal with that crap, my poor mother does.  She brings them to Rock climbing and picks them up from Minecraft.  Yes, I paid for my kids to play Minecraft after school with their friends.  Apparently it's even more fun to join a world on the same server and kill your friends, than it is to just play at home and annoy your brother virtually!

Really there is no point to this, other than I wanted to rant and hopefully some of you are nodding along, saying, "Yup, that's a glimpse into my crazy life."  For those of you that have 3 or more kids, you are my hero!!!  For those of you that do all of this running around and have a clean house without cobwebs - I hate you!  Stop showing off!!!  Just kiddin', I'm jealous if you can do it all.  I can't and I'm exhausted from pretending that I can.




I'm pretty sure that I could write boat loads more on this subject, but I'm at work and they are actually paying me to put in some phones lines...coffee break over. 

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Then it was worth it! Thanks for taking time the time to comment : )

      Delete